1. 2. <data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.frankking.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
3. FRANK KING'S BLOG: God Can Supply All Your Needs 4. 12. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 23. 24.

25. 26. God Can Supply All Your Needs 27. 28.

29.

These are tough economic times for our nation. Furthermore, our government seems to be powerless in getting things moving in the right direction.  I submit to you that in these times, one of the best things we can do is to place our faith in God for meeting our needs. The Bible says, “God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
God’s ability to bless us is not subject to the state of our economy. He doesn’t need to borrow money from other nations, as our government does. He is not dependent upon Republicans, Democrats, and Independents working together. Rather, His source resides with Him in heaven, and He has an inexhaustible supply.  If He can create the heavens, the earth, and all that is in them, surely He knows how to provide for those who trust and obey Him.

This is not merely religious talk. I truly believe in God's ability to meet the needs of His people. I say this not only on the authority of the abovementioned verse and other similar promises in the Bible, but also I have experienced this truth. During my last church pastorate, I struggled financially for several years. My wife and I had five children, she did not work outside the home, and my congregation was very small.
When I first began pastoring that church, I worked full-time as an engineer. This job paid me well enough to completely take care of my family. But my travel on that job sometimes made it impossible for me to be at church during the weekdays when I needed to conduct our mid-week service as well as lead our prayer meeting later in the week. It became clear to me that I could not continue to do both. I knew the church could not fully support me financially, but I was committed to being faithful to my calling. After much prayer and agonizing over a period of many months, I quit my job and devoted myself to the business of pastoring.

That decision was very tough on me and my family financially, but I experienced God's faithfulness like I know I never could have when all my needs were met, and I didn't need to seriously pray to God and trust Him to meet my needs. I didn't live as a king or anything, but I saw the undeniable faithfulness of God times without number. I can write a book on my experience and perhaps one day I will. But suffice it to say that God's faithfulness has become so real to me that I can say without reservation that if you obey and trust Him, God can supply all your needs. This He has promised to do, and God cannot lie.
Copyright ©2012 by Frank King. All rights reserved.

Labels: , , , ,

30. 31. 32.